Techstars Hub71 Accelerator
This program is designed for startups across a variety of verticals, all focused on innovations that will accelerate Abu Dhabi’s new world economy.
* Jul 20th, 2020
* Oct 11th, 2020
* Jan 10th, 2021
* Apr 8th, 2021
What investments does Techstars make in its accelerator portfolio companies?
Techstars provides accelerator portfolio companies with access to financial, human, and intellectual capital to fuel the success of their business.
Techstars contributes $20,000, which is commonly used as a stipend to support living expenses during the program, and in return receives 6% equity of the company (on a fully diluted basis, issued as common stock) until the company raises a priced equity financing of US $250,000 or more (a “Qualified Financing”). However, if a company conducts a Network Launch using distributed ledger technology (i.e. a blockchain initial coin offering, token event, etc.), then Techstars will also receive 6% of the Token Reserve (i.e. the tokens “held back” for the founders and the company at Network Launch).
Additionally, upon acceptance to a Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator, every company is offered an optional $100,000 convertible note.
What other benefits do I receive from a Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator?
- Access to Techstars resources for life;
- Acceleration in a 90-day Techstars mentorship-driven accelerator program with personal mentorship and office space;
- Lifetime access to the Techstars worldwide network of entrepreneurs, including more than 10,000 mentors, 10,000 investors, 1,600 alumni companies, and over 200 staff members;
- Access to over $400k of cash equivalent hosting, accounting, and legal support—plus other credits and perks worth more than $1M;
- Demo Day exposure and other investor connections.
- Historically, on average, Techstars companies go on to raise more than $2M of outside capital after the program.
Learn more about this Abu Dhabi Startup Program by visting their website: